Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Some Down Time... and Good Luck to My Boston-Bound Friends!


I will admit it. I am in a bit of a slump. If you have been running very long I am sure you know what I mean. I am having motivation problems. Races that I excitedly committed to a few months ago don’t seem so exciting any more. The long runs that used to be a good excuse to get outside and enjoy a day now seem impossibly long, hard, and boring. Getting out for a short run right now even seems monumental. 

Part of it is the weather.  Spring has not yet made it all the way up here to Michigan. It is still cold, and the gloomy, freezing weather has been replaced by gray wet weather.  Unfortunately this lack of running inspiration has spread to lack of inspiration in the rest of my life as well, as the lack of posts lately can attest.

Just as the buds are starting to sprout out on the trees outside my window, I am confident that inspiration will strike again soon.  In the meantime, I will have to rely on guest posts from people who are enjoying their running right now, such as Leslie, who wrote the wonderful race report on The Lost Dutchman Half.  I also did manage to squeak out a few races that I am putting together reports on for later in the week.

Finally I want to wish good luck to my Boston bound friends Kate, Geoff, Rex, and Lynn. I hope that you all have a wonderful time (pun intended).  

Geoff, Kate, Rex, and Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?
I would love to hear from you!! Please feel free to comment, ask questions, leave ideas for future postings, or just say "hi."