Saturday, March 31, 2012

March Running Madness Coming To An End

My March running trip is coming to an end, and we are heading back to Michigan. It did not go as well as I hoped with the DWD Green Swamp race, but I did manage to do some awesome trail runs in Kentucky, Alabama, Florida, and now Georgia.

Wednesday night we did a stopover in Reed Bingham State Park in Southern Georgia. They have several short nature trails there (less than a mile each), so I did not expect much of a run. However, the trails intersect in a way that allows for a pretty decent short run. I actually enjoyed the run quite a bit. It was cooler and greener than the runs in Florida, with more flowers along the trail, but it still had the same swampy look to the trail in the wetland areas, with bald cypress and Spanish moss hanging from the trees along the waterway. The area was full of birds, but unfortunately none of them would sign the consent form to appear in the video.

For those of you who can't make it to Georgia this spring, here is the video of the trails at Reed Bingham State Park:


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful trail. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Would love to run it some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russ,
    I can't tell you how much fun I had running in all the parks we stopped at on the trip. It took a little research to find the parks with trails, but I felt like each new trail was like opening a Christmas present. I definitely recommend taking a trail running trip if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?
I would love to hear from you!! Please feel free to comment, ask questions, leave ideas for future postings, or just say "hi."